With over 5 million B2B customers and over 25 million retail customers across 120 different countries, The Sherwin-Williams Company has a lot of important customers to delight. Like any diverse organization who grows through acquisition, managing, governing and ensuring compliance of customer data is a real challenge.
- How do you know your customers when their data is spread across multiple business systems?
- How do you understand the relationship between a B2B customers’ multiple locations and the parent company that operates those locations?
- How do you assess the true value of a B2B customer when they are a division or subsidiary of a larger organization?
- How do you consolidate multiple, legacy, customer master systems into a single, modern, highly-secure, cost-effective, global customer data service that scales at the speed of business?
D3Clarity, powered by AWS, has these answers.
- Know Your Customer (KYC): Drill into all the connected customer data for each entity to understand retail customers on the business side (B2B), individual consumer customers (B2C), as well as their organizational relationships
- Optimize Costs: Integrate and access data from one single trusted hub to improve business outcomes, create operational efficiencies and reduce costs
- Improve Business Process Agility & Outcomes: Connect geographic, facilities and customer data to increase product, process and sales forecasting for improved business continuity and profitability
- Increase Compliance and Risk Management: Implement a platform for governance, master data, reference data, data quality, enrichment and workflows to reduce financial, environmental, quality, health and regulatory compliance risks
Medium to Large Organizations share many common customer data challenges.
- Data Management: Aggregate customer data from all locations in a simple format, as efficiently as possible
- Lack of Critical information about their customers: What is their legal name? Which operational systems have records about this customer? Where is their headquarters? How many locations do they have and where are they? Are they owned by a parent company? Do they have subsidiaries? Do they operate under different trade names, etc.? These details are important in order to answer questions like “who are my top 50 customers?”
- Data Consolidation and Integration: Consolidate and integrate over 45 million data points for their global enterprise
- Data Quality: Overcome customer data quality challenges from multiple sources, systems and entities with various priorities (i.e., sales, marketing, manufacturing, retail)
- Data Consistency: Marry data from widely different formats, fields and structures
- Data Standardization: Standardize tools, processes and organizational definitions with the goal to better control data, optimize costs and gain a 360-degree customer view
- Data Governance: Find, understand and govern data through shared glossaries and lineage for their multiple business units
- Data Intelligence: Master the global chain of customer data for easier access and a trusted view of the organizational relationships between various legal and financial entities, manufacturing, resellers and individual customers
Utilizing the Semarchy xDM product, D3Clarity’s xDM B2B+Contact MDM data model accelerator and xDM-optimized D3Clarity MDM-as-a-Service cloud infrastructure, D3Clarity collaborated with the client business and IT teams to design and deploy a functional MVP Global Customer Hub Semarchy xDM solution in 12 weeks followed by a Phase 1 Global Customer Hub production solution 3.5 months later.
The combination of Semarchy xDM’s agile deployment capabilities and the instant nature of the D3Clarity MDM-as-a-Service infrastructure this customer was able to take full advantage of xDM’s usability, security, performance, reliability, accessibility and compliance features in less time than most traditional MDM solutions take to get a development environment installed and operational.
Working closely with Semarchy and Sherwin-Williams, D3Clarity delivered a faster time to market and achieved significant cost savings with their expertise to help get the project from signed contract to a business data hub in a matter of a few weeks. During the implementation, business users could review their data in real time, in a real environment and work to clean, organize and structure the data to make sense of it for multiple entities and use cases moving forward.
This organization is now setup with the foundation to experience the following benefits:
Better Business Intelligence: With a single platform for managing and governing all customer data, the enterprise has a comprehensive system to easily onboard new entities, reduce data redundancies, streamline customer management and align corporate strategies.
Streamlined Operations: Users have the convenience of using their CRM, accounting or ERP systems with a single source of truth for customer data, improving efficiencies and accuracy in customer support and service, sales incentives, financial reporting, ordering, product pricing, supply chain management and more.
Improved Compliance Reporting: Instead of spending hours compiling reports across their entities, managers can now create standardized data sets and reporting that allow auditors an easier path to verify regulatory and compliance data.
Fast Time to Value: Semarchy xDM’s flexible design, coupled with D3Clarity’s implementation expertise, data modeling and user-friendly cloud-based platform, provides the tools this company needed to get their global customer data platform for multiple data domains and business strategies up and running in a few weeks.
With Semarchy’s multi-domain data management tools in place to develop applications for any business need with customizable workflows and interfaces, this global paint and coatings manufacturer is poised to take their data management to the next level with their product domain in order to streamline data management for their manufacturing and supplier partners.